Diabetic Eye Disease is the Leading Cause of Blindness
- It may be no secret to that diabetes is a very serious disease that has widespread affects on various parts of the body and the eyes are one of them.
- The most common cause of blindness in the United States is diabetic eye disease. In the early stages, when it is most easily treated, diabetic eye disease has no symptoms. The only way for a diabetic to know if he or she has diabetic eye disease is to get routine eye examinations at least once a year.
- Diabetic Retinopathy is a disease that affects diabetic people and eventually leads to blurriness, distorted vision and eventually loss of vision.
- When people suffer with diabetes they may often have unstable glucose levels and they are prone to circulation problems in the back of the eye, known as the Retina.
- If you are diabetic our eye doctors will be happy to schedule an appointment to evaluate an impact of diabetes on your vision.